Traffic / Transport Solutions

Google

Thursday, November 09, 2006

the millionth convert

text of the letter sent to the Editor, Times of India, Bangalore

I refer to the particular quote "Why can't there be better bus connectivity? I have now been converted from a die-hard public transport fan to one who will add to the vehicular population of the city" by your reader, Ms Raji Sunderkrishnan, in your 'MY TIMES, MY CITY' columns today.

Yes, the incapacity of the government-run monopoly operator, BMTC, is plainly to blame for this growing tendency, and the consequent worsening of the already bad city traffic scenario. Is the government ever going to wake up?

2 Comments:

  • hi uncle, i finally received the right link! how come you have soo many blogs and hardly any feedback, im not poking fun, im seeking justice for you! i wanted to ask how one can get involved in issues linked with public transportation deficits and traffic populus! keep blogging, heres your first comment! Lets make our city cleaner and less conjested..
    sorry,my recent caffeine intake is the cause of my sudden energy!
    Maliha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:11 AM  

  • Hi Mali

    I think you have given the answer yourself - too many blogs. I am changing my strategy now. I'll have one main blog, which I am calling 'gyaan guru', where I'll make all future postings, irrespective of the topic, and if they pertain to subjects covered by the other blogs, I'll copy them there also. The other blogs will also be archival in character, meaning I'll be posting there some of my gyaans from the past also.

    Yes, youngsters need to become active citizens, in order to improve the quality of their lives as well as those of their less fortunate sisteren, even without caffeine driven energy :))).

    Murali uncle

    By Blogger Muralidhar Rao, at 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home